Roasted is a fun-filled social application for the younger adult generation. Full of humor, entertainment and amusement and targeted at those who are 18+ years, users will need to add their data of birth during the registration process or can use their Facebook account to sign up.
The idea of the app is for people to upload a photo with a ‘Roast Me!’ sign. Other users add their comments, reply to existing comments and like or dislike the comments. There are two sections – Top and Recent posts. Top posts show the most popular posts that are dependent on an algorithm of comments, replies and likes. Users will also be listed on the leaderboard based on an algorithm for likes, comments and posts, as well as be notified whenever comments, replies or likes appear on their post.
- We have to implement an animation on the home screen somewhat similar to Tinder animation.
- We have to make sure that users’ posts are appropriate so they will not affect the other application users.
- We also need to take care of the user’s comments or replies so the other app users have a safe and harassment-free experience.
- Algorithm to manage the post listing in “Top Posts” section.
- Algorithms for the Leaderboards screen.
- Crop View for the post images similar to the Instagram crop view.
- Manage syncing of the Android, IOS and Web Panel.
- We have done some great R&D and put in a lot of effort to manage the animations and also stick to the coding standards so there will be no lags in any animations.
- For filtering the posts, we have provided an option to the application admin to approve the posts before the posts get displayed in the application.
- In order to provide privacy for users, we have allowed the functionality to block other users or report offensive or harassing comments and admin will get these reports in order to take proper action.
- For the implementation of the algorithm for “Top Post”, we had a deep discussion with the client to understand his logic behind showing the posts and after that we explained the same to our DBA in order to manage the proper data structure for the logic.
- For the implementation of the algorithm for “Leaderboards”, we had a deep discussion with the client to understand his logic behind showing the posts and after that we explained the same to our DBA in order to manage the proper data structure for the logic.
- For the implementation of the crop view similar to the Instagram application, we initially reviewed all the features of the Instagram application’s crop view very carefully. Then we worked very dedicatedly with the Core graphics and Image Processing in order to match the requirements of the Crop View.
- For the process of syncing of different platforms, we followed the path of development of different modules on all the platforms side by side. We had also taken care of the syncing of the modules after the completion of every milestone so all the syncing issues can be managed in the initial stages.
- 01 The result application was full of entertainment and joy.
- 02 End users loved the application user interface and the home screen animations.
- 03 Application provided the option to user to upload their posts.
- 04 Users are also able to comment, reply and like other comments.
- 05 Users got points for each upload as well as likes on their comments.
- 06 Leaderboard creates a sense of competition among users to be on top on the daily, weekly and yearly leaderboard list
- 07 Users got the option to use the application with their email as well as with their Facebook account.
- 08 Users got all the latest updates regarding new comments, likes and posts with the help of push notifications.