Application Tracking System
Employees are the backbone of any company and management of employee performance plays a major role in deciding the success of the organization. The current system in the workshop is paper-based. They are still using filing cabinet to store records of stock and employee information. Useful data is scattered all over the place.
Statement of the Problem
The existing system is manual and not integrated. Many problems have arisen because of the manual system. Among these are:
- With the existing system being done on paper, manually, an employee must write their request on sheet of paper for approval from their manager, which is tedious and time consuming.
- If the manager is absent from work for whatever reasons, there is no way to get the information going in as to whether an employee arrived on time and is working properly.
- Information written in the form of registers. This has many disadvantages; checking a record in a register takes more time.
- Registrations of employees require more space since it is a manual system.
- It is difficult to find and modify existing records.
- With the current system being manual, it is more prone to error.
- Employee information loses, in the case of different problems.
- Redundancy of information.
The Benefits of Using an Applicant Tracking System
Tedious and time-consuming recruitment activities can be automated in an instant with Applicant Tracking Software. An ATS has the power to overhaul a mind-numbing recruitment process into the most efficient business operation overnight!
But the biggest benefit of using an ATS is best exemplified by its ability to improve. An ATS is proven to improve the time to hire, cost per hire and candidate quality. Now let’s delve deeper into how each feature works and the benefits they deliver when using an applicant tracking system.
You can configure your ATS account to allow for one or more users to access it. Master Admin will add sub-admins in the ATS and provide specific permissions regarding access for departments Admin will able to create, edit and delete:
- Mode of interview.
- User management.
Admin can manage what a user or group of users is allowed to see for different departments. Once you’re up and running with the ATS Dashboard, you’ll see there is a lot to the options. You can grant anyone in your organization access and assign them roles.
Managing hiring activities —whether for a specific role or across multiple openings—requires contributions from different people in your organization. But responsibilities differ from person to person so, each team member needs the right access level in the ATS. Admin can delete a user at any time.
The dashboard of the ATS will have features like
The dashboard contains seven status’, as below:
New The recruiter will add new applicants by clicking the ‘NEW’ tab. This will open a form for the recruiter to add the details with the proper
Current After filling out the form, the user will be automatically moved into the ‘current’ status. From there, the recruiter can manage the status accordingly.
Shortlisted Short listing is the process of identifying the candidates from your applicant pool who best meet the required, and desired, criteria for the role, and is the person you want to move forward onto the next step of the recruitment process, which is usually some form of interview.
Blacklisted It is an informal list of recruiters who are eligible and qualified for the job but may not meet other criteria that would conflict with corporate culture or colleagues.
Offered An official letter that offers employment to a job candidate. Send it by email or in writing. Through careful wording, the job offer will clearly detail everything that a job candidate needs to know about the terms of employment.
Rejected Once you’ve selected the top candidates and want to move on to the next phase of the hiring process, there’s another important step you need to take: sending a rejection letter to the applicants who were not selected.
Future-prospective When done right, job descriptions do more than just communicate an opening at our company. They attract the right candidates to apply, position our company as a great place to work, and ultimately help recruit talent more efficiently.
Color code feature
Recruiters can edit/update the details of users at any point of time in the system.
Recruiters can search candidates with four respective features:
- Date of calling
- Date of interview.
- Search by recruiter (Master Search 1) – Where the candidates list will be visible according to the selected recruiter in the search dropdown.
- Search by candidate (Master Search 2) – The recruiter will search the candidate by their name.
NOTE: As ‘Search by recruiter’ and ‘Search by candidate’ are a ‘Master Search’, this will be functional until the recruiter resets it using the ‘Reset’ button.
- Recruiter listing
- Add remainder
- Department listing with the same seven status above to make the recruitment functionality smoother.